Marvel Comics Celebrates Pride Month With New Star Wars Pride Variant Covers
Revealed today on StarWars.com, Marvel Comics and Lucasfilm have teamed up to celebrate Pride Month with a new collection of stunning STAR WARS PRIDE variant covers.
Debut on All Marvel STAR WARS titles beginning in June, these variant covers feature LGBTQIA+ characters from across the Star Wars galaxy and were created by an incredible array of LGBTQIA+ talent. Each cover also features a special Pride version of the series title as well as the official Star Wars Pride logo.
Here are the characters fans can see in this year’s collection:
- Marvel Comics breakout character and star of his own ongoing series, Doctor Aphra
- Companion archaeologist and self-proclaimed “sworn enemy” of Doctor Aphra, Kho Phon Farrus
- Sabe, Saché and Yaneformer servants of Padmé Amidala who currently play a central role in the STAR WARS: DARTH VADER comic book series
- Tongaa former bounty hunter currently revived in the STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS comic book series and his wife, Losha
- High Republic-era Jedi padawans, Lula Talisola and Zeen Mrala
- Vi Moradithe Resistance spy who can often be found by guests visiting the Black Spire outpost in Batuu
- Resistance Commander Larma d’Acyknown for her appearances in Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalkerand his wife, Resistance Pilot Wrobie Tyce
“For me, it’s one of the greatest honors and pleasures to showcase the wonderful diversity of characters in comics,” artist Javier Garrón told StarWars.com. “Maybe we come to stories because it’s sci-fi, or action, or thriller, or whatever, really. But if we stay in it, if those stories stay with us , it’s because of the characters.